I was delighted to be invited by Margaret Keane, the founder of Giftedkids.ie – the website for parents and educators of gifted children in Ireland – to deliver a webinar in the series she has established in partnership with Elluminate.
For the webinar ‘A Global Perspective on Gifted Education’ I drew on the material in some of the posts I have published here over the past eleven months, concentrating particularly on:
- the key distinguishing features of gifted education programmes and the personal positions held by gifted educators around the world
- the potential impact of increasing globalisation on gifted education
- the embryonic development of research into the economics of gifted education
- the developing role of social media in global advocacy for gifted education and
- some ways in which social media can support global collaboration in support of gifted education
I am very grateful to the EU Talent Day organisers for the publicity they gave to the Webinar, which was linked to the 2011 Talent Day celebrations.
If you would like to engage with the subject matter, please don’t hesitate to use the comments facility on this blog.